- This event has passed.
Navnat Vadil Mandal – Weekly Friday Gathering
August 19 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm BST
An event every week that begins at 11:00 am on Friday, repeating until April 28, 2023
Navnat Vadil Mandal
Navnat Vadil Mandal (an affiliate of Navnat Vanik Association of UK) was set up:
- To promote activities for the elderly, retired and disabled members of our community.
- To provide information, counselling and interpretation services for people with special needs.
- To promote social, cultural and religious activities including celebration of festivals.
- To work towards better understanding within the community by providing facilities for the elderly, lonely and disadvantaged members of the community.
- To help those members of the community who have language problems and to educate them in good citizenship.
- To organise meetings, classes, group activities and social events for members of the community with the intention of improving the quality of their lives.
- It has a membership in excess of 460 and a waiting list of members who wish to join.
- Its prime activities are on Fridays when members meet at Navnat Centre and enjoy various activities, including Yoga session, playing cards, Table Tennis and Carrom.
- A nutritious lunch is provided and, in the afternoon, we have musical programmes, programmes related to Festival days, religious bhajans and discourses and health seminars or group games.
- A coach service operates to bring members from Cannons Park Station, Kenton Library and Rayners Lane station.
- Outdoor excursions are also organised to take members to places of interest.